Saturday 3 March 2018

Saturday Slot

I'm giving you a heads up that this post is scrapbook page heavy and contains a big share of pages I've been creating recently as part of Shimelle's Clear The Desk class.

Clear the Desk online scrapbooking class

I still consider scrapbooking as my number one crafting love, it's just that card making is way more popular in the UK so that's what I tend to do most of. But I keep chugging away in the background preserving memories and every so often a tempting class comes along, I fall head over heels in love with scrapbooking all over again and can't resist sharing what I've made. And my usually organised and tidy craftroom becomes a complete and utter jumble with supplies spread out everywhere.

Anyway enough of this chit chat let's get on and share what I've been up to.


One set of supplies pulled from my stash following the guidelines of Shimelle's class - not going to say anything more because you'll need to sign up if you want the details - HERE.

Page 1 - embracing my CAS horror of busy all over patterned papers!


Page 2 - a sitting on the shelf layout and much more my style.


Page 3 - some more in your face patterned paper and an oversized and very precious photo capture - aww!


Page 4 -  the addition of a plain kraft background paper, almost back in my comfort zone now!


Page 5 -  another almost comfort zone plain kraft background and one, or maybe more, 'stop taking photos' face.


Page 6 - A final page attempting to use up as much of the left over supplies as possible. It features the beautiful Isle of Man and a couple of 'if you have to take photos we'll pull faces' looks.


So from one starting collection of papers plus a couple of plain additions along the way I've made six pages using up lots of the patterned paper that I love to look at - maybe even stroke - but struggle to use. I'd say that's a win win for 'Clear the Desk' wouldn't you?

Thanks for indulging me and my love of scrapbooking today, it'll be back to cards again tomorrow I promise. But just in case you might have enjoyed this post there will be some more coming up quite soon as this was only Lesson 1 of 4 in this Shimelle mini class. And she is good! And I do highly recommend her classes.

Thanks for looking and keep crafting!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Stunning layouts, Jane, such lovely memories captured so stylishly. I've never had much success with scrapbook layouts as they just seem so huge! Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.